Assisted Stretching with Eucalyptus & Camphor Aromatherapy
Release your body from stiffness, and muscle rigidness with Assisted Stretching. Radiant Massage Therapy incorporates the relaxation techniques of Thai massage & the intention of Sports Massage to create a custom experience tailored to each individual client. Having worked with Ultimate Fighting Championship, Professional Golf Association, and working with professional athletes, like World Champion boxers, World Champion Powerlifters, etc. Radiant Massage Therapy is knowledgeable of the needs of athletes and how to incorporate advanced techniques to release the body of tension.
- Increase Range of Motion: Isolate supporting muscles and stretch around stiff joints to relieve tightness.
- Promote Back Flexibility: Lack of stretching can make the cartilage between the vertebrae stiff and inflexible. This rigidity of the muscles can cause tearing in the cartilage and cause injury to the spine. Staying in prolonged stationary positions (such as sitting at a computer, standing for extended amounts of time, etc) without stretching can also cause muscle stiffness and back ache. Assisted stretching brings relief and mobility to the spine and helps to relieve pain.
- Positively impact Mental Health: Studies show that stretching has a positive impact on mood, sleep and self esteem. Stretching releases dopamine, which is an important chemical messenger involved in reward, motivation, memory, attention and even regulating body movements.
- Decrease Blood Sugar Levels: Holding a stretch for more than 30 seconds increases blood flow throughout the muscles. The improved blood flow transports glucose out of the blood and muscles and decreases overall blood sugar levels.
- Decrease Blood Pressure: Stretching is a form of exercise and is known to be a key factor in a healthy lifestyle. Stretching increases blood circulation and promotes flexibility throughout the body, including arterial flexibility. Stretching promotes healthy heart function and lowered blood pressure by keeping our internal channels fluid and flexible.
“In 2011, the Journal of Physiotherapy published a research study by Nelson, Kokkonen, and Arnall showing that a program of passive static stretches could lower blood glucose by an average of 18 percent after 20 minutes and 26 percent after 40 minutes. These researchers concluded that static stretching is an additional viable activity that can acutely help regulate blood glucose. “https://us.humankinetics.com/blogs/excerpt/how-to-lower-blood-glucose-with-a-stretching-program
Originally native to Australia, Eucalyptus trees are now grown all over the world and known for their medicinal benefits.
Important to note: Eucalyptus can be used as an antiseptic. It must be diluted before being applied to the skin. With worries of the Coronavirus and a shortage of things like hand sanitizer, Eucalyptus may be used as a holistic approach to disinfect hands and surfaces.
Topically, Eucalyptus & Camphor can relieve muscle pain, joint pain and reduce inflammation.
When inhaled, Eucalyptus & Camphor can decrease muscle spasms that narrow airways, allowing for ease of breathing. They promote drainage from congested sinuses and are used as an expectorant to clear mucus. Eucalyptus and Camphor are main ingredients in Vicks VapoRub that is commonly used to address coughing and congestion due to allergies, colds and respiratory ailments.
Eucalyptus has been been proven to be a strong antioxidant. It helps clear your skin of free radicals and promotes healthy skin.